Before you can enrol on the active practising register and work as an LPN in Manitoba, you must complete and pass an education session on the jurisprudence for LPNs in Manitoba. Completing an education session on jurisprudence may also be assigned as an undertaking following an investigation into the conduct of a member.
The jurisprudence education session will provide you with:
- knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and professional standards that guide the profession of practical nursing in Manitoba, and
- an understanding of how to interpret and apply your professional requirements.
Jurisprudence sessions are held once (1) per month at the CLPNM office, located at 463 St. Anne’s Road in Winnipeg. If you do not live in Winnipeg, contact the CLPNM for alternative options. To view upcoming dates or to register for a session please see below.
Please note that a test must be completed at the end of each session. You will receive a letter from the CLPNM indicating the results of your test within ten (10) business days. If you are not successful, the CLPNM will advise you of your next steps.
Upcoming Education Sessions
- July 3 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- August 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- September 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- October 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- November 5 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Participation in a jurisprudence education session is not currently mandatory for most active practising LPNs.
You must register at least one business day in advance. Please do so using the registration form below.
If you are an LPN who has been directed by the CLPNM to attend a jurisprudence education session, please contact us before registering. This general session may not meet your individual requirements.
You may choose to participate in person, or by webinar. Webinar spots are limited. Priority will be given to those who live outside of Winnipeg. In order to participate by webinar, you will need access to all of the following during the education session:
- a computer with internet access that is capable of running GoToMeeting
(a smart phone, even with the GoToMeeting ap installed, will not work for this webinar)
- your email, and
- a telephone to call in for the audio portion of the webinar.
Dates are subject to change and sessions may be canceled due to low registration numbers.
In the event of inclement weather, the education session may be offered by webinar and teleconference only. Be sure to check your email for notices about changes, and for dial-in instructions.