Graduates from one of Manitoba’s practical nursing diploma programs may be eligible for registration as a licensed practical nurse in Manitoba if they meet the following requirements.
The applicant must have:
- Successfully completed a practical nursing education program in Manitoba.
- Passed the Registration Examination.
- Submitted an up-to-date Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. Click here for more information.
- Provided evidence of the ability to speak and write either English or French with reasonable fluency.
- Provided proof of identity and legal name.
- Completed the required application documentation.
- Paid the required fees.
The applicant must not:
- Suffer from a physical or mental condition, disorder or addiction to alcohol or drugs, or
- Possess a record of conviction under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), the Food and Drugs Act (Canada) or any criminal or penal statute of a jurisdiction outside of Canada, that makes it desirable in the public interest that the applicant not practise practical nursing.
Please contact the CLPNM for further information, and for access to the initial enrolment application form.