The By-Laws of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) are established by the CLPNM Board within its authority under The Licensed Practical Nurses Act. The By-Laws set out rules on matters such as:
- how the CLPNM is to be governed
- how meetings of the membership and of the Board are to be conducted
- procedures and criteria for election and appointment to the Board
- the committees that support the Board in its governance function, and
- the rights, privileges and obligations of each class of membership.
2021 By-Law Amendments
In April 2021, the CLPNM Board of Directors approved amendments to the by-laws, which will be presented for review and ratification by members of the profession at the upcoming annual general meeting on June 7, 2021. The purpose of the by-law changes is to make the Board’s authority to hold meetings by virtual means explicit, and to describe the notice requirements for virtual meetings.
Any person who wishes to comment on the proposed changes, in advance of the annual general meeting, is invited to contact the CLPNM at firstname.lastname@example.org