The By-Laws of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) are established by the CLPNM Board within its authority under The Licensed Practical Nurses Act. The By-Laws set out rules on matters such as:
- how the CLPNM is to be governed
- how meetings of the membership and of the Board are to be conducted
- procedures and criteria for election and appointment to the Board
- the committees that support the Board in its governance function, and
- the rights, privileges and obligations of each class of membership.
2020 By-Law Revisions
In April, 2020 the CLPNM Board of Directors approved a revision to the by-laws to allow for the temporary continuation of the current Board of Directors. This change was introduced as part of the CLPNM’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of the by-law change is to provide for stability in the governance of the CLPNM during a time of uncertainty and change.
In September 2020, the CLPNM Board of Directors approved further by-law revisions to clarify registrants’ obligations, with respect to the payment of fees and costs, during the registration renewal period each fall. (Note: these by-law changes did not affect registration fee amounts.) These changes were ratified at the Annual General Meeting of CLPNM on December 8, 2020.