The Continuing Competence Program is Evolving
- Beginning in the Fall of 2022, registrants selected for the Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Audit will begin submitting learning plans through the CLPNM’s online registration system.
Check back for more information, which will be posted shortly.
- The CLPNM is also exploring other changes to the CCP, which would be implemented in the Fall of 2023 at the earliest. These changes, which are not yet determined, might relate to things such as:
- the types of learning activities registrants are expected to engage in, each year
- the methods used by the CLPNM to assess continuing competence
- the selection criteria used to determine who will be asked to undergo an audit of their continuing competence activities each year.
The CLPNM will be seeking input from stakeholders, including CLPNM registrants, as it considers changes to the program. Check back for information on how you can provide feedback.
About the CCP Audit
As a self-regulating profession, LPNs hold one another accountable for maintaining and continually developing their professional competence. This is carried out, in part, through the CCP Audit.
Each year, 10% of Manitoba’s LPNs are randomly selected for a detailed review of their CCP activities to confirm that their learning plans and professional development activities are contributing to their competence, are relevant to their area of practice, and are consistent with all other requirements of the program.
The CCP Audit supports the CLPNM in meeting its mandate to ensure that LPNs provide safe, competent and ethical nursing care. It also assists LPNs in meeting their professional obligation to maintain and build their competence as nurses. When an LPN is selected for the CCP Audit, participating in the audit and meeting all associated deadlines is a requirement for ongoing registration with the CLPNM.
If you are an LPN in Manitoba, your obligation to participate in the CCP and the CCP Audit is described in the CLPNM’s Practice Direction on the Continuing Competence Program. If you have been selected for the audit this year, detailed information about what is expected of you prior to and during the audit is included in the CLPNM’s CCP Instruction Guide.
What to Submit
Be sure to review the CCP Instruction Guide for detailed instructions on what documents to submit for the audit, and how to submit them.
LPNs selected for the CCP Audit are granted provisional registrations. Provisional registration does not impact the ability to practise, provided that those selected for the audit participate in the audit and meet all related directions and deadlines. Those who successfully complete the audit will have their provisional registrations converted to approved registrations. Those who do not meet the requirements of the CCP or of the audit may have their provisional registrations revoked.
- Self-Assessment Template
- Learning Plan Templates are no longer posted here. You will have the ability to enter your learning plans directly into your online registration profile, beginning in the summer of 2022. Check back for more information.
Make Sure Your Contact Information is Up to Date
All audit results will be sent by email, to the address on record with the CLPNM. LPNs participating in the audit are responsible for keeping their email address up to date with the CLPNM, and for checking their email regularly, including junk folders. An LPN who has not received their results within a week of the date that results are expected is responsible for contacting the CLPNM.
If you still have questions, please contact the CLPNM Practice Department at email@example.com, 204-663-1212, or 1-877-663-1212 toll free.