COVID-19: Expedited Reinstatement (Pandemic Service)
Are you a former Manitoba LPN?
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible to apply for expedited reinstatement (Pandemic Service Provision) due to extraordinary circumstances, free of charge.
Amid uncertainty and a rapidly evolving situation, the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) is continuously assessing the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic. The CLPNM has been monitoring the situation closely and has been working collaboratively with other stakeholders to ensure preparedness and adequate response measures.
In order to enhance nursing resources across the province, the CLPNM is developing processes to expedite the reinstatement of those who are eligible to return to the active practicing register, on a short-term basis, to help with a potential increased demand within our healthcare system.
If you wish to apply to us for expedited reinstatement (Pandemic Service Provision) in order to augment the nursing workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic you must:
- Have been registered as an LPN with the CLPNM in the past 4 years
- Have accrued at least 1000 nursing practice hours in the previous four years (2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016)
- Have no unresolved/outstanding matters before the Investigation Committee, Discipline Committee, or Board of Directors
- Have remained a member in good standing, in any other jurisdictions where you have held registration, with no complaints or investigations filed against you and/or unmet conditions (if applicable)
- Not have a criminal record, charges or convictions that you have not previously disclosed to the CLPNM
- Not be listed on the Manitoba Adult Abuse Register or the Manitoba Child Abuse Register
- Meet the eligibility criteria related to Fitness to Practice (refer to the CLPNM’s Practice Direction)
- Be willing to agree to the necessary terms and conditions related to registration under these extraordinary circumstances
In an effort to enhance resources across the province during the pandemic, please only apply for this registration if you meet the criteria noted above.
Please note that there are no fees associated with registration for these purposes.
Each application will be independently reviewed by the CLPNM to determine eligibility for registration. If approved, your registration will be valid for four months, may be subject to other terms and conditions, and will be visible on the CLPNM Public Register and Employer Verification Site. This registration may be renewed beyond the initial four months, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com. If you are eligible to apply, an application package will sent to you via email and additional information will be provided to you, at that time. The CLPNM will begin reviewing and responding to those who express interest, the week of April 14th.
Also note that the application process will be carried out by email, and through the submission of digital documents.
Please share this information to any retired LPNs you may know.