The Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam
The CPNRE is the entry-to-practice examination for practical nurses in Manitoba and most of Canada. It is administered by Yardstick Assessment Strategies Inc. (YAS). The CPNRE is a computer-based exam administered through secure online proctoring. All Manitoba exam candidates must hold a current graduate practical nurse registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) prior to taking the exam. The CLPNM requires that all exam candidates apply for the exam and for graduate registration, and pay the appropriate fees, prior to the exam and graduate application deadline.
Additional information about the CPNRE can be found HERE.
Additional information about ProctorU can be found HERE.
- If your post-secondary institution has granted you an accommodation in your program, and you believe that you may also require an accommodation during the examination, please see here for important information related to requesting accommodations.
Upcoming CPNRE Testing Windows 2020-2021
- January 25, 2021 – February 21, 2021
- June 7, 2021 – June 27, 2021
- September 6, 2021 – September 26, 2021
- November 8, 2021 – November 28, 2021
Manitoba candidates who are eligible to write the CPNRE will be notified of the test application deadline directly by the CLPNM. If you have questions, please contact the CLPNM at firstname.lastname@example.org, 204-663-1212 or 1-877-663-1212 toll free. For more information about the computer-based CPNRE, please see here.
Development of a New Entry-to-Practice Examination
The Canadian Council for Practical Nurse Regulators (CCPNR) is pleased to announce that Yardstick Assessment Strategies Inc. (YAS) has been selected as the vendor to develop, implement and deliver a new generation of the entry-to-practice high stakes examination for licensed practical nurses (LPNs) in eight jurisdictions in Canada. The target date for launching the new examination is 2022.