If you hold current active practising registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in another Canadian jurisdiction, or as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in Ontario, and wish to practise as an LPN in Manitoba, you must apply to the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) for an endorsement. Information on the endorsement process is below.
If you are moving to Manitoba from another Canadian jurisdiction, and were previously registered as a practical nurse in Canada but no longer hold active practising registration, please contact the CLPNM office at 204-663-1212 or 1-877-663-1212 toll free for information on your application requirements.
If you are moving to Manitoba from another country, please see information on the application process for Internationally Educated Nurses.
The Endorsement Process
You may not start working as an LPN in Manitoba until you have been granted an endorsement by the CLPNM. All steps in the endorsement application process must be complete in order for your endorsement to be granted. These are:
- opening and paying for your endorsement application
- completing your endorsement application
- having your completed endorsement application reviewed
- viewing a recorded education session and completing a test on the jurisprudence for LPNs in Manitoba
- applying and paying for your registration as an active practising LPN, and
- having your registration approved.
Guide to Endorsements
Endorsement applicants must use the forms provided by the CLPNM. Forms received that do not match those currently available on this site will not be accepted. Forms were last updated October 18, 2018. Please be sure to read each document carefully and note that some documents must be submitted by you and others by third parties. If you require further information, please contact the College by email or by phone at 1-877-663-1212 toll free.
- Part 1 – Application Form: please fill out this form and submit it along with your fee, government ID, proof of immigration status or Canadian citizenship, and English or French language test scores from a Board-approved language proficiency test (if applicable) in order to open your endorsement file. These documents must be mailed as one complete package.
- Part 2 – Disclosure Form: along with the disclosure form, you are required to submit three suitability checks. These are: a Canada-wide criminal record check that includes a vulnerable sector search, a Manitoba child abuse registry check, and a Manitoba adult abuse registry check. Please be aware that, in order to be accepted by the CLPNM, these documents must have been issued within six (6) months of the date they are provided to the CLPNM. Other requirements related to these documents are set out in the CLPNM’s Fact Sheet on Suitability Checks. Please review the fact sheet thoroughly.
- Part 3 – Verification of Registration Form: you must provide this form to your current or most recent licensing authority, and to any other authority with whom you have been licensed in the past seven (7) years. Each of these licensing authorities must fill out the form and mail it directly to the CLPNM.
- Part 4 – Nursing Employment Information Form: you must provide this form to your current or most recent nursing employer, and to any other nursing employer for whom you have worked in the last four (4) years. Each of these employers must fill out the form and mail it directly to the CLPNM.
- Part 4B – Non-Nursing Employment Information Form: you must provide this form to your current or most recent employer, and to any other employer for whom you have worked in the last four (4) years. Each of these employers must fill out the form and mail it directly to the CLPNM. Please note: this document is only required if you have never practised as a nurse in Canada.
- Part 5 – Verification of Education Form: you must provide this form to your nursing school. Your nursing school must fill out the form and mail it directly to the CLPNM along with your transcript (including grades), your theory and clinical hours, and your course outlines and syllabi.
If you have any questions regarding these documents, or require further information, please contact the CLPNM by email or by phone at 204-663-1212 or 1-877-663-1212 toll free.