Continuing Competence Audit
When can you expect results?
The results of this year’s CCP Audit can be expected on or around the dates listed below.
- Phase 1: week of January 20, 2023
- Phase 2: week of February 23 – March 2, 2023 (if applicable)
- Phase 3: week of March 28 – April 4, 2023 (if applicable)
Notice of your audit results will be sent to you by email from the email@example.com email address. You will receive the notice at your email address that is on record with the CLPNM. Be sure to keep your email address up to date, and check your email regularly including your junk folders. If you have not received your results within a week of the dates they are expected be sure to contact us.
If you have questions, please email us or call us at 204-663-1212 or 1-877-663-1212 toll free.
The CCP is Evolving
- Changes to the CCP are being introduced in 2023.
- If you are currently involved in the CCP Audit (January – March 2023) these changes will not impact your audit.
- Changes to the program will impact the learning activities you participate in, in 2023 and in future, and any future CCP Audit you might be involved in.
- Read more about the program changes here.
About the CCP Audit
Each year, the CLPNM conducts a review of LPNs’ continuing competence and learning activities. This is referred to as the CCP Audit. The CCP Audit supports the CLPNM in meeting its mandate to ensure that LPNs provide safe, competent and ethical nursing care. It also assists LPNs in meeting their professional obligation to maintain and build their competence as nurses.
The CCP Audit includes two categories:
- The Quality Improvement category of the CCP Audit (QI Audit) is conducted to confirm that LPNs are building their competence and improving the quality of their care over the course of their careers. Each year, a minimum of 10% of LPNs will be selected for the QI Audit. Those selected will submit one completed learning plan for review.
- The Quality Assurance category of the CCP Audit (QA Audit) is conducted to obtain assurance that LPNs who practise in settings or circumstances associated with added risk have the competence necessary to practise safely in those contexts. Each year, approximately 2% of LPNs will be selected for the QA Audit. Those selected will submit the same material required for the QI Audit, but will have an additional requirements to obtain employer feedback, and to develop a second learning plan based on their employer’s feedback.
LPNs selected for either category of the CCP Audit will be advised before the end of May each year. Those selected are required to submit CCP documentation by the registration renewal deadline in the Fall. Further instructions on what to submit for the audit will be provided at the time of selection.
When an LPN is selected for the CCP Audit, participating in the audit and meeting all associated deadlines is a requirement for ongoing registration with the CLPNM. If you are an LPN in Manitoba, your obligation to participate in the CCP and the CCP Audit is described in the CLPNM’s Practice Direction on the Continuing Competence Program.
What to Submit
Be sure to review the CCP Instruction Guide for detailed instructions on what to submit for the CCP Audit, and how to submit. (Note: The Instruction Guide is currently being updated to align with 2023 program changes. An updated guide will be posted before registrants are selected for the CCP Audit in May of 2023).
LPNs selected for the CCP Audit are granted provisional registrations. Provisional registration does not impact the ability to practise, provided that those selected for the audit participate in the audit and meet all related directions and deadlines. Those who successfully complete the audit will have their provisional registrations converted to approved registrations. Those who do not meet the requirements of the CCP or of the audit may have their provisional registrations revoked.
- Self-Assessment Tool
- Learning Plan Templates are no longer posted here. Registrants now enter learning plans directly into their online registration profiles. Once you have logged in, navigate to “My Learning”.
Instructions and Resources
Note that the following resources are being updated to align with 2023 program changes. Please check back for updated resources which will be posted in the coming weeks.