Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Moving Away or Resigning

Moving Away

If you are planning to move to another Canadian jurisdiction or another country, you will be required to register in the new jurisdiction in order to work as a licensed practical nurse.

Verification of your registration status with CLPNM may be required. Check with the LPN licensing body in the new jurisdiction for information on the procedures and documents you will need for registration.

Request for Verification of Registration 

If you would like to request a Verification of Registration be sent from the CLPNM to another regulatory body please use the following steps: 

  1. Log into your CLPNM online profile 
  2. On the main page click on “Verification of Registration” 
  3. Indicate the regulatory body where you would like the CLPNM to send a Verification of Registration 
  4. Pay the invoice in your CLPNM account 

Your request for a Verification of Registration will be processed within ten business days. 

This information will be sent directly to the new regulatory body by CLPNM. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for CLPNM to complete this process.  All current fees are noted in the CLPNM fee schedule.

Resigning Your Registration

If you do not intend to practise in Manitoba in the upcoming registration year, please take the time to advise the CLPNM that you are resigning your registration. You can advise us by emailing the CLPNM registration department

This allows us to keep better statistics about the profession and assists with health human resource planning for the province.

During the renewal period from September 1 – October 31 only,  you can choose not to renew by logging into your online registration profile, and clicking the button beside the inactive registration box.